Monday, April 9, 2012

Making a comeback

I'm back!  The two people that have read this blog before may have noticed that I went MIA for a while.  I'm not totally sure why other than life just happened.  So, before I settle myself back into this writing thing here are some updates:

1.  We bought a house!  A 3 bedroom, dutch colonial, in the city (bordering two suburbs), that needs a lot of love and wall paper torn down.  I'm in house love.  After a year and a half of looking, getting outbid three times, we finally walked into the house that was meant to be!

2.  I'm preggers!  Yep.  Who would have ever thought?  I sure didn't.  I don't remember ever really dreaming of being a mom.  Chalk that up to one fairly dysfunctional childhood, some abandonment issues, and the enjoyment of life revolving around my own schedule.  And then one day about two years ago I woke up from a dream in which I had given birth and suddenly I had this overwhelming desire to be a mom.  I waited for a couple weeks to actually talk to Ryan about it because I kept thinking that the feeling would just go away.  That it would fade.  But it never did.  And here I am.  22 weeks pregnant with a little boy. 

So, life happened and the blogging stopped.  But in my hiatus I have become really fond of a few blogs and learned some things, too, that I hope to apply here.  I'm hoping this blog will evolve and grow.  Maybe 2012 will be the year of 3 followers instead of 2!  Oh, the possibilities!

Now that the updates are all done and we're caught up to speed I wanted to share a challenge that I was given through a newsletter that I receive from Lori Miller of Developing Professionals.  Lori does professional training sessions and I have had the pleasure of taking part in a few of her courses.  She's engaging, fun and knowledgeable. Here's the challenge:  To journal every day in April about three things.

1.  What is 1 simple thing that made you happy?
2.  What is 1 thing you are thankful for?
3.  What is 1 relationship that made you smile?

So, I am taking the challenge and since today isn't over yet, here are my answers for Sunday, April 8th:

1.  The sun was shining as we drove to church for Easter service.
2.  My husband- he is loving, and sweet and makes me laugh.
3.  My relationship with Christ- He died and was separated from God so that we would never have to be and then he conquered sin and death by raising on the third day.  I am grateful it's not about a set of rules or trying to have my good outweigh my bad in this life to make it to heaven, but by choosing to put my hope and trust in Jesus.  It's the relationship with Christ and not the religion that allows me to be connected with the Lord.  What a good God He is!

How about you?  What would you answer to Lori's three questions above?

No comments:

Post a Comment