Friday, April 5, 2013

Gratitude Friday

I drove back to my hometown yesterday and I took some time to talk to God about some things I was grateful for.  I realized it had been a while since I did that.  It was refreshing to take my eyes off of the hard things and place them back on Him.  So, here is a shortened list of some things I'm grateful for.  I would encourage you to do the same!

1)  Grateful for a loving husband and little boy that can melt my heart just by putting his head on my shoulder.

2)  Grateful for a car, that although cost us some money this week to fix, is now safe to cart that little guy around in.  And silly as it may sound, I really like my Toyota Corolla.  I'll be sad when it's time here is done.

3)  Grateful for old friends that you can pick right up where you left off with them.  I shared a yummy lunch with an old friend yesterday.  That time was a gift.

4)  I am incredibly grateful for sunshine.  I didn't realize how the dreary days here have taken a toll on my overall attitude.  Love me some sunshine!

5)  I am grateful for random phone calls from friends.  I am generally not a phone talker, but I realized how loved I feel when I get a phone call out of the blue from a friend.  

6)  Finally, I am really grateful for our dog.  I was gone all day yesterday and when I came home it was like his world just got better.  He would have crawled in my lap if I would have let him (and he's 70 lbs.  Not a lap dog, but don't tell him that).  He didn't leave my side.  That furry little big mutt makes my heart smile.  

Happy Friday!  Enjoy whatever this day holds.  If it's hard stuff then enjoy WHO holds this day.  Remember, God's mercies are new every morning.  He is faithful.  






No comments:

Post a Comment